ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit, government, and community organizations build effective response systems to homelessness and are used in more than 75 communities, including high-profile communities serving the densest populations of homelessness nationwide.
Our professional services set us apart from other software companies. We provide typical software administration services, but the heart of our service is the partnership we build with our communities to better understand their needs and goals when it comes to addressing homelessness. We collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working with communities across the county, act as liaisons between policymakers and staff on the front lines, and we take the lead on a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet their goals around ending homelessness.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
This is a full-time remote position that can be based anywhere in the United States.
About our People Operations team:
The People team at Bitfocus is committed to creating unique programs and solutions that take a people-first approach. We are uniquely positioned between business operations and our people, which gives us the ability to offer meaningful experiences that bridge gaps, enhance connections, and assist in shaping the organization for long-term success. Our team is truly “all things people,” meaning that we are partners to team members at all levels, on all things that relate to people, which as you might suspect, is basically everything. We have an innate passion and love for the work we do and we are committed to going above and beyond for our team members, and Bitfocus as a whole.
As Director of People Operations, you will be responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate and retain the team at Bitfocus. You will act as a champion for the company culture and will support the Executive and Leadership teams, allowing the company to develop and grow quickly. As Director of People Operations, you will be responsible for helping us build and support this exceptional group of people—ensuring we reinforce our unique, people-oriented culture. In this role, you will be responsible for all people-related activities. This is a true generalist role encompassing all functional areas of people, culture, and talent.
As the Director of People Operations you will:
- Partner with and mentor our People Operations Generalist and any future hires on the People team.
- Collaborate with the Executive team, Corporate Strategy office, and leaders to identify key organizational hires.
- Partner with leaders to develop job descriptions; identify knowledge, skills, and abilities to drive better hiring decisions; and assist in developing test projects.
- Collaborate with leaders and the people team to continue enhancing our new hire onboarding program.
- Own and execute on our benefits programs including 401k, Health, Dental, Vision, HealthiestYou, PTO, etc.)
- Serve as an employee relations subject matter expert and facilitate employee conflict and progressive counseling.
- We use a lot of technology here at Bitfocus. Part of this role will be navigating technology needs, questions, requests and working with the People Operations Generalist to navigate complex technical issues.
- Continue enhancing Bitfocus’ Success Management Management & Employee Engagement programs and initiatives.
- Oversee and continuously improve an effective performance review strategy and process to ensure staff are successful and continuously growing in their roles.
- Survey and monitor employee engagement survey results to ensure we are creating a positive and fulfilling environment for our teams.
- Identify employee and leadership training and development needs to ensure that we have an effective process for continuous growth and development.
- Identify and/or create engaging learning opportunities to meet employee needs and interests.
- Ensure that we have clear and up-to-date policies and procedures for all necessary topics in accordance with best practices in the field of people operations. Ensure that all policies and procedures are up to date and in compliance with all appropriate Federal and State laws. We currently have employees in 29 different states.
You will love this position if:
- You are committed to building and leading high-performing teams.
- You enjoy building programs and processes from scratch, but also enjoy continuously enhancing those that exist.
- You are tech-savvy and can use technology to automate and streamline processes.
- You are more interested in working for Bitfocus because of our mission and the opportunity, versus this being a remote role.
Required experience that drives success in this role:
- Previous experience leading People Operations and having served in a Senior Leadership capacity.
- Previous experience working for small fast-growing organizations where you may have served as the first member of the People team.
- Experience with full-cycle recruiting and you enjoy speaking with a diverse range of candidates.
- First-hand navigation, and/or implementation of HR technology including BreezyHR, Rippling (or another HRIS), and Lattice.
- Creation, or collaboration on, the development of unique and exceptional onboarding programs.
- The ability to research, collect, digest and visualize data and information in meaningful ways.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to read the room and respond appropriately.
- Previous development of policies, handbooks, and other people-related procedures.
- Knowledge of multi-state laws and regulations.
- Very familiar with Apple products, Google Suite, Zoom, and Slack (or equivalent systems).
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a completely remote/virtual environment using a variety of software.
- You have experience with Confluence and Monday.com.
- You have a keen eye for detail. In fact, since you’ve made it to the bottom of this posting you now know that your cover letter (non-formal please) should be addressed “Hello Bitfocus People Team!"
How will Bitfocus support you
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Medical insurance covered at 100% for employees
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development