ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit, government, and community organizations build effective response systems to homelessness and are used in more than 75 communities, including high profile communities serving the densest populations of homelessness nationwide.
Our professional services set us apart from other software companies. We provide typical software administration services, but the heart of our service is the partnership we build with our communities to better understand their needs and goals when it comes to addressing homelessness. We collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working with communities across the county, act as liaisons between policymakers and staff on the front lines, and we take the lead on a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet their goals around ending homelessness.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work from home position.
About our Data Services team:
Our Data Services team’s mission is to promote a data driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in data modeling, analytics, and integration with social services experience. From one-time data migrations into Clarity Human Services, to real-time dashboarding, the Data Services team plays an integral role is supporting communities to make data driven decisions.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will maintain the Looker application, provide troubleshooting support, identifying opportunities for refinement, and facilitate the Looker update release review process. They will work primarily with internal Bitfocus staff. A passion for data and concern for data integrity is key to a candidate's success.
As the Quality Assurance Engineer, you will:
- Report to stakeholders on the quality of all Clarity Human Services Analytical tools.
- Develop automated unit-testing processes.
- Facilitate Clarity Human Services Data Analysis Tool release review processes.
- Maintain the Looker application, including troubleshooting and identifying opportunities for refinement.
- Assist in helping individuals and communities transform their data into actionable insights.
- Contribute to the implementation of HUD policies and procedures as they pertain to data structure and implement best practices in regard to HMIS data analysis.
- Vet requests from stakeholders and other departments for improvements or modifications to Clarity’s Data Analysis Tool
- Act as a subject matter expert and liaison with other areas within Clarity Human Services on data integration topics.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned.
You will love this position if:
- You want to make an impact and you thrive on helping others.
- You love data and use it to make decisions.
- You want to be part of a world class, dedicated and supportive team.
Required experience that drives success in this role:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a data modeling or business intelligence environment.
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to write queries and stored procedures.
- Solid understanding of data systems, including data relationships and data modeling with the ability to learn and understand various data environments.
- Effective written and oral communications skills in English.
- Sound planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Work independently and with others; self-directed and results-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies to best solve data-related issues.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a completely remote company.
- A college degree (a major in information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, accounting, statistics or related field is preferred).
- MariaDB/ MySQL experience.
- Experience with data analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau.
- Strong preference for experience in social services and/or HMIS experience.
How will Bitfocus support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment
- A unique, friendly and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development