About Bitfocus, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation’s social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work-from-home position.
About our Corporate Strategy Team:
The Corporate Strategy team is new here at Bitfocus, and serves as the primary source of organizational leadership, communication, and decision making, ensuring that as we grow, we stay true to our mission of using technology to advance solutions to our greatest social challenges.
Our Core Values
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
The Communications Manager has a unique opportunity to be part of a new and emerging department at Bitfocus – the Corporate Strategy Office. Working closely with the Director of Corporate Strategy, you will develop, implement, and oversee a robust communications strategy that advances our strategic goals, deepens our relationship with internal and external stakeholders, and drives clear, meaningful information-sharing and decision-making across the organization. You’ll work cross-departmentally, collaborating with department directors to support the communications needs related to their directives.
As the Communications Manager, you will:
- Work closely with the Director of Corporate Strategy to establish and implement a company-wide communications plan.
- Draft and edit the content and design for major communications across all Bitfocus departments, including external reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure candidates, customers, and key external stakeholders are aware of our product, values, and strategic efforts.
- Ghostwrite for senior leadership on internal and external communications related to our product roadmap, growth, and employee engagement.
- Position Bitfocus as a thought leader on key human services data topics.
- Manage publication of customer newsletters and press releases for new products and services.
- Oversee website content and design improvements.
- Refine company-wide communication norms to facilitate streamlined cross-departmental collaboration.
- Implement systems to improve internal communication efficiencies (includes integration and/or reorganization/reconfiguration of toolstack).
- Connect the dots across the company to ensure Bitfocus efforts are promoted and branded in the right way (this includes working with our Marketing Consultant to establish a suite of product templates).
- Establish a cohesive voice for external communications across all departments at Bitfocus.
- Manage, guide, and provide feedback to our freelancers, vendors, and consultants.
You will love this position if:
- You’re always looking for ways to cut your word count while retaining the message’s spirit and meaning.
- You enjoy establishing a centralized voice from many ideas and perspectives.
- You believe that design choices can often be more effective than words when it comes to communication.
- You know how to shift tone/language depending on the audience.
- You like the challenge of simplifying complex logic into digestible concepts.
- You are comfortable establishing expectations, providing guidance and feedback, and managing contractors/vendors.
- You are deadline-driven and an excellent time manager.
Required skills and experience that drive success in this role:
- At least 5 years of experience in Marketing, Communications, or a similar field.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing successful communications strategies and programs.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in:
- Press or Public Relations
- Software Development
- Homeless Services
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Rush, etc.)
How we’ll support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development