About Bitfocus, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation’s social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work a work-from-home position.
Our Core Values:
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
About Our Development Team
Our Engineering team’s mission is to promote a data-driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in development, analytics, database infrastructure, and integration with social services experience. From Feature Releases into Clarity Human Services, to development project initiatives, to system infrastructure and QA engineering, we play an integral role in the ongoing stability and enhancement of Clarity Human Services.
As a key member of the DevOps Infrastructure Team, the Cloud Operations Engineer will be charged with designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform. ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment throughout the development cycle, across all non-production and production environments. This person will evangelize and educate others on the value proposition of AWS as well and aid in creating world-class solutions built on AWS.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer, You Will:
- Architect/operate innovative solutions built on AWS
- Design and Implement AWS architectures and environments
- Play a key role in migrating and transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Design Native Cloud Application Architectures and optimize applications for AWS
You Will Love this Position if:
- Using modern, industry-standard technology, tools, and development practices appeals to you.
- You use creativity to build solutions the “the right way” so you can be proud of the work you accomplish.
- Learning new skills and approaches is exciting in order to keep the products evolving, as well as keeping your own skill sets growing.
- You thrive when working with a self-motivated, hard-working, and supportive team.
- You enjoy a management team that is easily approachable and frequently provides opportunities for employees to give feedback, make requests, or have an open discussion.
Required Experience that Drives Success in this Role:
- 5 of 'Hands-on' AWS implementation experience across a broad range of AWS services (preferred in an Enterprise scale environment).
- Must have in depth AWS development experience (Containerization - Docker, Amazon EKS, Lambda, EC2, S3, Amazon DocumentDB, PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory)
- Scripting capability and the ability to develop AWS environments as code
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery approach and design
- Environment and application automation
- CloudFormation and third-party automation approach/strategy
- Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN
- AWS Cost Management and Optimization
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python, Node, JSON
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g. TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Good knowledge of REST/SOAP/JSON web service API implementation.
- Experienced in developing test plans, test cases, baselines, and conducting end-to-end testing.
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Additional Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with PHP language a bonus
- A ‘can-do’, results driven, attitude.
- Knowledge of HUD and federal partner funding policies and HMIS data standards.
- A desire to understand how our solutions drive value and improve the lives of our clients.
How Bitfocus Will Support You:
- Robust onboarding and training support
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Medical insurance covered at 100% for employees
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development