ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit, government, and community organizations build effective response systems to homelessness and are used in more than 75 communities, including high profile communities serving the densest populations of homelessness nationwide.
Our professional services set us apart from other software companies. We provide typical software administration services, but the heart of our service is the partnership we build with our communities to better understand their needs and goals when it comes to addressing homelessness. We collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working with communities across the county, act as liaisons between policymakers and staff on the front lines, and we take the lead on a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet their goals around ending homelessness.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work from home position.
Our Core Values
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
About our People team:
The People team at Bitfocus is committed to creating unique programs and solutions that take a people-first approach. We are uniquely positioned between business operations and our people, which gives us the ability to offer meaningful experiences that bridge gaps, enhance connections and assist in shaping the organization for long term success. Our team is truly “all things people,” meaning that we are strategic partners to team members at all levels, on all things that relate to people, which as you might suspect, is basically everything. We have an innate passion and love for the work we do and we are committed to going above and beyond for our team members, and Bitfocus as a whole.
The People Operations Generalist is an incredibly important role on the People Team. No matter the project or task, the objective for this role is to partner in creating an unmatched team member experience that can’t be easily found anywhere else. Our People Team is about a year old; therefore, this is a dynamic role with many opportunities to build programs from the ground up, while also enhancing current programs.
As the People Operations Generalist, you will:
- Be a ‘Person of all Trades.’ This is an incredibly dynamic role. One minute you may be building an employee experience program, and the next you are ordering IT equipment. There will be a great deal of variety in your day, and many opportunities to dabble in different projects and tasks.
- Embrace our technology. We use a lot of technology here at Bitfocus. As a small company we also wear many different hats. Part of this role will be navigating technology needs, questions, requests and ordering equipment for new and current team members.
- Have a true passion and knack for talent acquisition. Bitfocus is experiencing exciting growth and we’ve grown by 26% in 2020. We are also part of a very narrow industry, meaning you will need to be creative and thoughtful in your approach to finding the best talent.
- Obsess over the perfect onboarding experience for each new team member. A big part of this role will be managing the pre-boarding and onboarding process for all of our new hires. Because we are completely remote it’s even more important that we create an experience that ensures the new employee feels connected and valued.
- Be creative in your approach to engagement activities. At Bitfocus the chance to engage with one another in unique ways is critical and we believe, makes us a stronger and more connected team. You will have the chance to showcase your creativity by developing a robust engagement calendar that keeps us all connected.
- Love research and data. Bitfocus as an organization is largely successful because of our deep expertise and capabilities with data and analytics. In this role, you will have the chance to assist in the development of programs that are built on thorough research and data driven decisions.
- Challenge the status quo. The work our People team does is always fluid and always improving. You will play an important role in helping the team stay up to date on trends, technology and programs so we can continue evolving.
- Be a nice human. The nature of working to end homelessness is very much rooted in social justice and equality. As a diverse company we are committed to inclusivity and treating all team members equally. To be successful in this role, you will need to have an open mind and heart in everything you do.
- Do the stuff we have to do. As much as our People team loves creativity, we recognize there are still things we ‘have’ to do such as compliance, employee record keeping and policy maintenance. You will partner with the Director of People Operations to keep us safe and legal.
You will love this position if:
- You know the difference between tactical HR and strategic HR (and you’re more excited about the latter).
- You want the chance to be creative, think outside the box and redefine the way things have always been done.
- You are more interested in working for Bitfocus because of our mission and the opportunity, versus this being a remote role.
Skills and experience that drive success in this role:
- At least 3 years of experience working as a coordinator or generalist in People Operations.
- First hand navigation, and/or implementation of HR technology including BreezyHR, Rippling (or another HRIS) and Lattice.
- Experience with full cycle recruiting and you enjoy speaking with a diverse range of candidates.
- Previous utilization of candidate assessment tools.
- Creation, or collaboration on, the development of unique and exceptional onboarding programs.
- The ability to research, collect, digest and visualize data and information in meaningful ways.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to read the room and respond appropriately.
- Previous involvement with project planning company events and engagement activities on a regular basis.
- Previous development of policies, handbooks and other people-related procedures.
- Knowledge of multi-state laws and regulations.
- Very familiar with Google Suite, Zoom and Slack (or equivalent systems).
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a completely remote/virtual environment using a variety of software.
- You’ve taken an Emotional Intelligence assessment, and scored high.
- You have experience with Jira, Confluence and Process Street.
- You have a keen eye for detail. In fact, since you’ve made it to the bottom of this posting you now know that your cover letter (non-formal please) should be addressed “Hello Bitfocus People Team!”
How will Bitfocus support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success.
- A unique, friendly and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development