At Bitfocus, we create tools that advance solutions to our greatest social challenges. A majority of unsheltered Americans live in communities that rely on our Clarity Human Services software to support their system of care
Our diverse and inclusive culture plays a key role in our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
***Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work-from-home position***
As a Director of Product, You Will:
The Director of Product oversees the end-to-end development of Clarity Human Services—determining the overall product vision, managing backlog items, and ensuring strategic alignment across features and functionality. An entrepreneur at heart, the Director combines a software development background with an intimate knowledge of our product, competitors, and market to delight customers and advance our mission to use technology to drive solutions to homelessness.
A strong communicator accountable to a diverse constituency, the Director gathers, analyzes, and prioritizes product requirements—making well-researched, data-driven recommendations that further long-term goals. They work closely with Corporate Strategy, Business Development, and customer-facing teams to create and champion a roadmap that reinforces the company’s overall strategy, minimizes risk, and best capitalizes on opportunity.
Agile Product Owner
Responsible for maximizing the value of development efforts, the Director of Product articulates the vision for the product and maintains the Clarity Human Services roadmap. They focus on the long-term, coordinating application, reporting, and API development efforts into a single, cohesive offering—while ensuring steadfast fidelity to the product goals and business objectives.
- Maintain the Clarity Human Services product roadmap and deliver clear, detailed product specifications and requirements to support each component.
- Understand business objectives and synthesize them into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and a robust data driven plan that can measure success
- Build models to help our Leadership forecast results
Effective Market Research and Product Analysis
The Director of Product roots their decisions in disciplined research and well-reasoned analysis of customer need, market trends, and business opportunity. They encourage and promote feedback, diplomatically prioritizing interests and collaborating with stakeholders at each development stage.
- Develop the methods and means to solicit, collect, analyze, and respond to qualitative and quantitative data about our product, its customers, and the broader HMIS market.
- Maintain an intimidate knowledge of the HMIS industry, including market trends and conditions, the comparative strengths and weakness of competitors, and role of HMIS in the broader homeless response system.
- Develop resources and serve as a Subject Matter Expert for business planning and marketing efforts (includes behavioral, push, marketing, social, etc.)
Product Advocate and HMIS Evangelist
A compelling storyteller, the Director of Product champions the long-term vision for Clarity Human Services and passionately advocates for the role a well-functioning HMIS plays in the coordinated, community-level response required to end homelessness.
- Represent Bitfocus both internally and externally discussing future product needs
Product Compliance: Regulatory, Privacy, Security
Working with the Compliance Manager, Privacy Officer, and other internal and external stakeholders, the Director of Product is responsible for ensuring Clarity Human Services meets its regulatory, privacy, and security obligations.
Evaluate Progress, Performance, and Quality
Accountable for each stage of development, the Director of Product inspects and evaluates product progress through each iteration. They articulate clear instructions and deliverables for developers and make the call on performance—deciding if the team needs to go back to the drawing board or if they can move on to the next steps.
- Assist with the Quality Assurance/Validation of analytics implementations alongside Engineers and Product Managers
Coordination and collaboration
Serving as the primary liaison, the Director of Product develops buy-in for major decisions from all stakeholders and provides clear instructions and deliverables for the developers. They maintain swift communication between the development team, partners, and stakeholders regarding product strategy and development.
- Coordinate with the internal and external stakeholders for requirement gathering and impact analysis
- Assist in determining viable SOW projects, and working with the Product Management team to ensure technical viability and timelines align with development initiatives
- Facilitate discussions and workshops with internal and external teams to build consensus and align around clearly defined business objectives and product direction
Promote adoption and expansion
Working in lockstep with cross-functional teams, the Director of Product leads efforts to maximize the value of product releases—identifying opportunities to increase feature adoption and expand new and existing accounts.
- Train and empower our internal/external partners on how to use and take advantage of various tools
Required Experience That Drives Success In This Role:
- Leadership in SaaS product development; preferably including:
- Agile software development methodology
- Familiarity with Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), Electronic Health Record (EHR), or similar highly-regulated systems
- Prior work with our partners, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Looker, and Esri (ArcGIS)
- SaaS product, customer, and market research; preferably including:
- User feedback and product analytics tools and methodology, including UserVoice, HubSpot, and Google Analytics
- Data-driven decision making (Business Intelligence Analyst, UX Strategist, Analytics Specialist, Quantitative Analyst, etc.)
- Strategic planning and facilitating decision-making; preferably including:
- Direct engagement with internal and external stakeholders including (current and prospective) customers
- Information security, data privacy, and regulatory compliance; preferably including:
- Maintaining compliance with major federal and state regulatory requirements, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Systems Thinker – Intuitively identify the overall structures, patterns, and cycles of complex systems and processes
- Analytical and Strategic– A data-driven decision-maker who builds consensus and aligns action to strategy. Can effectively prioritize sequences of interdependent goals and deadlines, while making sure all project requirements are delivered on time.
- Excellent communicator – Strong written and oral communicator adept at conveying complex topics to a lay audience
- Resourceful – Figures out how to achieve results creatively with finite resources
How We’ll Support You:
- Robust onboarding and training support
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Medical insurance covered at 100% for employees
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Annual salary increases and/or bonuses
- Opportunities for professional growth and development