ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation's social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Our Core Values
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
About our Data Services Team:
Our Data Services team’s mission is to promote a data-driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in data modeling, analytics, and integration with social services experience. From one-time data migrations into Clarity Human Services to real-time dashboarding, the Data Services team plays an integral role in supporting communities to make data-driven decisions.
The Data and Reporting Analyst will coordinate reporting needs with internal teams as well as customers. They will work closely with internal teams to ensure success and support customer’s analytics needs on all levels. A passion for data, detail, and concern for data integrity is key to a candidate's success.
As a Data and Reporting Analyst, you will:
- Support internal teams to see our reporting projects to completion.
- Assist customers to design and develop custom Looker dashboards as well as designing native dashboards for our product offerings.
- Act as a subject matter expert on federal reporting requirements as well as Looker ad-hoc reporting.
- Act as a liaison between external partners and internal teams to solidify reporting requirements.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned.
You will love this position if:
- You want to make an impact. You thrive on helping others and want your work to make a difference.
- You love data and use it to make decisions.
- You want to be part of a world-class, dedicated, supportive team.
Required experience that drives success in this role:
- 5+ years experience with Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS).
- 3+ years in HMIS custom reporting environments (preferably using Looker).
- Solid understanding of data systems, including data relationships and data modeling with the ability to learn and understand various data environments.
- Effective written and oral communications skills in English.
- Ability to conduct meetings over the telephone and web.
- Sound planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Work independently and with others; self-directed and results-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies to best solve data-related issues.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a completely remote company.
- A college degree (a major in information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, accounting, statistics, or related field is preferred).
- Data Analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau are preferred.
- Strong preference for experience in social services and/or HMIS experience.
How we’ll support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor
- Medical (100% paid for employees)
- Dental and vision insurance
- 24/7 telehealth services for your whole family
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- 8 paid holidays
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development