Who we are:
Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit, government, and community organizations build effective response systems to homelessness, and is used in more than 75 communities, including high profile communities serving the densest populations of homelessness nationwide.
Our Professional Services team sets us apart from other software companies. A mission-driven team of analysts, communicators, strategists, and technologists, Professional Services tackles some of the most significant challenges facing communities and catalyzes their success with Clarity Human Services. With expertise in statistical, technical, and policy analysis, we collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working with communities across the country, and take the lead on a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet their goals around ending homelessness.
What we’re looking for: (this is a full time remote position)
Project Managers at Bitfocus are experienced professionals passionate about using data and technology to make a difference in people's lives.
Project Management and Administration
A varied portfolio of challenging projects makes the ability to manage a project successfully a critical skill for everyone on the team. Every Project Manager on the team knows what it takes for a project to be successful, including:
- Managing project schedule and work plan.
- Tracking project progress and identifying areas for improvement, making adjustments as needed.
- Coordinating stakeholder communication around project milestones and timelines, providing consistent updates on progress, as well as any adjustments.
- Assigning tasks to other team members as needed, and communicating expected deliverables.
- Coordinating with other departments for effective use of resources.
HMIS System Administration in Clarity Human Services
Customers -- internal and external -- turn to Professional Services to be the experts on Clarity Human Services. Accordingly, we expect Project Managers to build advanced knowledge of Clarity Human Services, HMIS System Administration, and related best practices.
Subject Matter Expertise
In addition to mastering a shared body of common skills, Project Managers possess Subject Matter Expertise in one or more additional domains as well:
- Coordinated Entry
- Data Analysis
- HUD and/or Federal Partner Requirements
- HUD and/or Federal Partner Reporting
- New Customer Software Implementation
- Data Quality Improvement
What you’ll do:
Consult with customers around areas of subject matter expertise including:
- Working with customers to translate needs into Clarity Human Services business processes.
- Advising customers on a variety of subjects including:
- Federal and local requirements
- Clarity Human Services function and solutions
- Pros, cons, and other considerations for any given solution
- Industry trends and best practices
- Creating internal and external resources summarizing workflows, solution comparisons, configuration options, etc.
- Attending relevant stakeholder and community meetings to provide input and gain system knowledge.
- Developing presentation content such as training and software demonstrations, and presenting in front of remote and in-person audiences.
When consultation results in project engagement, Project Managers will:
- Work with Bitfocus staff and/or customer to define project requirements, scope, timelines, and objectives.
- Complete and/or obtain resources to complete tasks outlined in project scope.
- Track project progress and update relevant Bitfocus staff and/or customer stakeholders.
- Create comprehensive project documentation.
What we’d love you to bring:
- Excellent people/public relations and communication skills.
- Innovative thinking to identify best practices when approaching problems and resolving conflicts.
- Proven ability to work effectively with civic and other community leaders, social service agency staff, and a variety of other stakeholders.
- Sophisticated project management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and contractual obligations, including ability to constantly triage, moving projects along parallel timelines while responding to new priorities.
- Enthusiasm for technology and learning new software applications and database products.
- Strong analytical abilities with working knowledge of descriptive statistics and (basic) analytics tools.
- High level of organization with excellent time management skills.
- A background in HMIS, the homeless services Continuum of Care, and/or the human services system.
What we offer:
In addition to a smart team of dedicated and friendly colleagues, we offer the following compensation and benefits:
- Remote Work (requires a quiet home office environment).
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance plans, 401k, Paid Time Off, Sick Leave, Holidays.
- Apple iMac computer provided for your home office.
- Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.