About Bitfocus, Inc.
Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit, government, and community organizations build effective response systems to homelessness and are used in more than 75 communities, including high-profile communities serving the densest populations of homelessness nationwide.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE POSITION - SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK FROM HOME.
About our People Team:
The People team at Bitfocus is committed to creating unique programs and solutions that take a people-first approach. We are uniquely positioned between business operations, and our people, which gives us the ability to offer meaningful experiences that bridge gaps, enhance connections, and assist in shaping the organization for long term success. Our team is truly “all things people,” meaning that we are strategic partners to team members at all levels on all things that relate to people, which, as you might suspect, is basically everything. We have an innate passion and love for our work and we are committed to going above and beyond for our team members and Bitfocus as a whole.
The People Operations Generalist is responsible for helping Bitfocus deliver an exceptional employee experience to our team members, as well as covering a wide range of areas within People Operations including compliance, benefits management, HMIS administration, engagement activities, and day-to-day general support. We’re looking for a team player who’s ready to roll up their sleeves to support and build a best-in-class workplace – no task is too small.
As our People Operations Generalist, you’re a program and project owner who strives for and is passionate about continuous process improvement, utilizing technology to automate process steps and interacting with employees regularly.
As a People Operations Generalist, you will:
- Be a go-to team member by providing day-to-day support for employees with People Operations inquiries and requests, triaging as needed to other subject matter experts within the People Operations team.
- Support employee life cycle events, from onboarding and employee changes to offboarding, ensuring employees, managers, and our People Operations team feel supported, changes flow appropriately throughout our systems to support data integrity, and compliance is maintained.
- Oversee our current HRIS (Paylocity), including leave management and employee profiles, and partner with the payroll/finance Department to ensure efficiency and accuracy for all employee changes.
- Support employee benefits programs, including open enrollment, benefits renewal, benefits compliance, and partnering with benefit providers to ensure best in class service for our employees.
- Maintain quality and integrity of critical People data and metrics ensuring a high degree of accuracy that helps us make decisions around People priorities.
- Support and administer all leave processes.
- Establish and maintain employee files in compliance with applicable laws.
- Help develop and improve People Operations procedures, systems, and standards for overall operations.
- Oversee compliance in accordance with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, ADA, FMLA, EEO, OSHA, COBRA, etc.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of the employee handbook, employee directory, and People Operations Confluence pages, and contributes to the development of policies
- Leads engagement initiatives, in partnership with Engagement Committee, to foster a culture of belonging, connection, and enhanced cross-functional collaboration across the company
- Assist the People Operations Director on employee relations matters
- Assist with the design and execution of various People Operations initiatives as needed.
You will love this position if:
- You want to help build a world-class people operations function
- Are naturally creative, curious, and inspired to learn new things
- Want to be exposed to many facets of a scaling people operations function
- You quickly prioritize and organize your time to get things done, often under deadlines
- Comfortable wearing many hats and balancing competing priorities
- You have project management experience
- No job is too big or too small
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are driven to improve processes and systems
- Great listener and communicator (written and verbal)
- Enjoy working collaboratively with a passionate and driven team
- Hyper-organized and detail-oriented
- Have experience managing confidential information
Skills and experience that drive success in this role:
- 3+ years of broad HR experience with increasing responsibilities; ideally working in a fast pace, high performance environment.
- First hand navigation using Paylocity (preferred) or similar HRIS
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State employment, leave, and benefits law and regulations in multiple states.
- Empathetic, energetic, and engaging attitude--connecting with employees in a way that creates trust, support, and positivity.
- Proactive, solutions-oriented, and detail focused--you look to fix and support and keep accurate records and documentation at all times.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Creation, or collaboration on, the development of unique and exceptional onboarding programs
- The ability to research, collect, digest and visualize data and information in meaningful ways.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to read the room and respond appropriately.
- Previous involvement, or ownership, of project planning company events and engagement activities on a regular basis.
- Previous development of policies, handbooks and other people-related procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Very familiar with Google Suite, Zoom, Slack
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a completely remote/virtual environment using a variety of software.
- Experience in the tech industry
- Experience with Okta, Confluence, Box, Monday.com
- HR certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) preferred
- Experience in a mission-driven environment
How Bitfocus Will Support You:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success.
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents. (100% employer paid for employee only and 50% employer paid for dependents!)
- Voluntary benefits options include Critical Illness, Hospital, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, and Health Saving Account options!
- Employer-sponsored life insurance.
- 401K retirement plan w/ 4% match.
- 100% paid parental leave for 12 weeks for birthing, non-birthing, adoptive and surrogate parents.
- Free telehealth services for employees and their dependents.
- Paid time off includes standard PTO, sick, volunteer time off, and floating holidays.
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees will receive a full Apple-based equipment/remote office set-up.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development