ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Bitfocus is a rapidly growing company working to help communities use data to tackle their greatest social challenges. Our software and services help non-profit, government, and community organizations build effective response systems to homelessness and are used in more than 75 communities, including high-profile communities serving the densest populations of homelessness nationwide.
Our professional services set us apart from other software companies. We provide typical software administration services, but the heart of our service is the partnership we build with our communities to better understand their needs and goals when it comes to addressing homelessness. We collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working with communities across the county, act as liaisons between policymakers and staff on the front lines, and we take the lead on a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet their goals around ending homelessness.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work-from-home position.
Our Core Values
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
About our Business Development team:
Our Business Development team’s mission is to promote a data-driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by serving as the primary point of contact with communities that want to use technology to make meaningful progress on pressing social challenges. In concrete terms, this means we attract, retain, and grow customer relationships through marketing, sales, and business development strategy.
The Solution Consultant will promote our Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and Case Management software, Clarity Human Services. Via software demonstrations and correspondence, the Solution Consultant will introduce customers to Bitfocus and Clarity Human Services and show how we can empower them to leverage data to solve problems like homelessness and poverty. The Solution Consultant will guide customers through the pre-sale process, building enthusiasm for our solution and facilitating the contracting process. The Solution Consultant will also use their exceptional writing and communication skills to help develop, write, and edit RFP responses and other original content.
As the Solution Consultant, you will:
- Master the features, applications, and advantages of the Clarity Human Services software.
- Consult with potential customers about which Bitfocus product or services are appropriate for their needs. Examples of products and services include HMIS software, Case Management software, data migration, training, system administration, and system implementation.
- Write and edit RFP responses (business proposals) and other original content.
- Deliver captivating product demonstrations and webinars that engage stakeholders and demonstrate specific value for their circumstances.
- Assist with departmental administrative projects.
- Conduct industry research to proactively engage prospects and build enthusiasm for Bitfocus solutions.
- Collaborate with potential customers to prepare contracts.
- Create marketing content.
- Become an expert in the HMIS- and human service-related industry.
- Ensure all activities and notes are well documented in our CRM.
You will love this position if:
- You’re a gifted communicator. Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills are essential for success in this role.
- You’re tech-savvy. You have strong technical chops, with a deep understanding of databases and data analysis.
- You’re a committed advocate. You believe in the ability of technology to benefit people’s lives and are committed to helping communities share that vision.
- You’re a creative problem solver. You bring innovative, creative solutions to complex problems and unique use cases.
- You’re organized. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- You’re self-driven. You see something that needs to be done, and you do it.
- You’re a little geeky. Our team is a little geeky and is not immune to discussing the finer points of grammar, interesting historical facts, Nordic metal/R&B, and sci-fi/fantasy books.
Skills and experience that drive success in this role:
- Writing clear and compelling content (e.g., blogs, technical writing, articles, proposals, etc.).
- Public speaking/presentation.
- Sales, consultation, or any other position that requires persuasive communication and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Rudimentary knowledge of software and data management.
- Rudimentary knowledge of federal and state governmental structure and policy.
- Working with productivity software, such as Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) or Google Workspace (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.).
What makes you stand out:
- Experience with RFP/proposal writing or other forms of marketing writing.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with/understanding of online marketing.
- Familiarity with graphic design and print layout (especially Adobe InDesign).
- Homeless services experience.
- HMIS and HUD knowledge.
- Familiarity with using a CRM (especially HubSpot).
- Familiarity with project management software, especially Monday or JIRA.
How will Bitfocus support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Medical insurance covered at 100% for employees
- 24/7 teledoc-based service for your whole family
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development