About Bitfocus, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation’s social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a fully remote position.
Our Core Values:
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
About Our Development Team
Our Engineering team’s mission is to promote a data-driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in development, analytics, database infrastructure, and integration with social services experience. From Feature Releases into Clarity Human Services, to development project initiatives, to system infrastructure and QA engineering, we play an integral role in the ongoing stability and enhancement of Clarity Human Services.
The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer plays a key role in Bitfocus’ product development process and is responsible for defining and maintaining the overall QA testing strategy for all Bitfocus development initiatives. This includes creating both manual and automated testing strategies, using industry best-of-breed functional and automated testing tools, and tracking key QA metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts). The ideal candidate will possess expert level knowledge and experience with QA testing automation processes and have previously participated in the design and development of an enterprise level application testing automation infrastructure.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, You Will:
- Act as QA Team lead and testing methodology architect
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Design, develop, and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Review manual test cases for the relevant application and provide feedback on suitability for automation to the project team
- Support, maintain, and enhance all test case automation related activities during iterative development, system testing, and regression testing (both visual and functional)
- Review user stories and functional requirements for test planning and QA feedback
- Assist with manual testing; execute manual test cases and scripts for products under development using test management/tracking tools
- Create and maintain test plans, cases, scenarios/scripts, in compliance with company defined QA standards and methodologies
- Establish and configure testing environments for executing test cases and scenarios
- Participate in the development, deployment, and administration of QA process, tools, and supporting technologies
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and monitor bugs and resolution progress
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Assist with company-wide demos of upcoming features
You Will Love this Position if:
- Using modern, industry standard technology, tools, and development practices appeals to you.
- You use creativity to create/implement solutions the “the right way” so you can be proud of the work you accomplish.
- Learning new skills and approaches is exciting in order to keep the products evolving, as well as keeping your own skill sets growing.
- You thrive when working with a self motivated, hard working, and supportive team.
- You enjoy a management team that is easily approachable and frequently provides opportunities for employees to give feedback, make requests, or have an open discussion.
Required Experience that Drives Success in this Role:
- 5+ years of work proven experience in an enterprise, software development QA environment
- Expert knowledge of software QA methodologies, processes and development cycles (SDLC)
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools and scripting, Bonus: Buddy, GitLab
- Expertise testing in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Technical understanding of web applications (JS, CSS, HTML, SQL, debugging tools, etc.)
- Hands-on experience authoring automation scripts using Buddy, Selenium, Appium, etc.
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience with performance and security focused testing
- Experience with accessibility, MFA, SSO concepts
- Continuous integration experience (AWS CI/CD, Buddy, Jenkins)
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding investigative and problem-solving skills
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Additional Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with AWS a bonus
- A ‘can-do’, results-driven, attitude.
- Knowledge of HUD and federal partner funding policies and HMIS data standards.
- A desire to understand how our solutions drive value and improve the lives of our clients.
How Bitfocus Will Support You:
- Robust onboarding and training support
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Medical insurance covered at 100% for employees
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development