About Bitfocus, Inc.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation’s social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
Bitfocus is a fully remote organization; this will be a work from home position.
About our Professional Services Team:
Our Professional Services team sets us apart from other software companies. A mission-driven team of analysts, communicators, strategists, and technologists, Professional Services tackles some of the most significant challenges facing communities and catalyzes their success with Clarity Human Services. With expertise in statistical, technical, and policy analysis, we collaborate with community leaders, share knowledge gained working with communities across the country, and take the lead on a variety of projects and initiatives to help our communities meet their goals around ending homelessness.
Our Core Values
- People First. Always.
- Live in the WOW
- Elevate our Mission
- Start with Yes
- Take Detours
- Practice Humility
- Paint with Numbers
- Speak the truth in kindness
- Grow Together
- Unite in Excellence
Professional Services Project Managers at Bitfocus are experienced professionals who are passionate about helping communities use technology and data to move the needle on ending homelessness.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Work with customers and/or Bitfocus teams to define project requirements, scope, timelines, and objectives.
- Advise customers on a variety of subjects including:
- Federal and regional requirements for homelessness response systems
- Clarity Human Services functions and solutions
- Pros, cons, and other considerations for any given solution
- Industry trends and best practices
- Work with customer stakeholders to translate needs and business processes into Clarity functionality.
- Attend relevant stakeholder and community meetings to provide input and gain system knowledge.
- Create internal and external documents summarizing workflows, solution comparisons, configuration options, etc.
- Develop presentation content such as software demonstrations, training, and progress reports to project leadership, and present in front of remote and in-person audiences.
- Complete and/or obtain resources to complete tasks outlined in project workplan.
- Track project progress and update relevant Bitfocus staff and/or customer stakeholders.
- Create comprehensive project documentation including requirements documents, SOWs, workplans, decision logs, configuration logs, etc.
You will love this position if:
- You seek and are inspired by new ideas and new ways of thinking.
- You never let your ego get in the way.
- People always tell you you’re a good listener.
- You're ready to "pivot" like you're a professional dancer.
- You’re obsessed with understanding the big picture.
- Gantt charts and process diagrams soothe your soul.
- “Bringing order to chaos” is your personal slogan.
Required skills and experience that drive success in this role:
- Project management experience, including:
- Creating and managing project schedule and work plan
- Tracking project progress and identifying areas for improvement, making adjustments as needed
- Coordinating stakeholder communication around project milestones and timelines, providing consistent updates on progress, as well as any adjustments
- Assigning tasks to other team members as needed, and communicating expected deliverables
- Coordinating with other departments for effective use of resources
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following domains:
- Coordinated Entry
- HUD and/or Federal Partner Requirements
- HUD and/or Federal Partner Reporting
- Continuum of Care Roles and Responsibilities
- New Customer Software Implementation
- Data Quality Improvement
- Data Analysis
- Enthusiasm for technology and learning new software applications and database products
- Ability to quickly build advanced knowledge of Clarity Human Services, HMIS System Administration, and related subjects
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Innovative thinking to identify best practices when approaching problems and resolving conflicts
- Ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and implement effective processes
- Excellent organizational, time management, people management and influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with civic and other community leaders, social service agency staff, and a variety of other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical abilities with working knowledge of descriptive statistics and (basic) analytics tools
- A background in HMIS, the homeless services Continuum of Care, and/or the human services system
What makes you stand out:
- Excellent business/proposal writing skills
- Significant coordinated entry knowledge and experience
- Sophisticated project management experience with large, politically sensitive projects
- Proven experience successfully and diplomatically working with stakeholders who do not share your goals
- Driven, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Experience using Clarity Human Services, especially as a system administrator
How we’ll support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment with a robust onboarding and training program that sets you up for success
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development